Associate, Film Settlement (Finance department)
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com).Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
The Finance department at our Home Office in Toronto currently has an opening foran entry-levelposition
of Associate, Film Settlement
, reporting to the Supervisor, Film Settlement.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure all film related payments are processed accurately and efficiently.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Gather film related documents from the Film Bookers.
- Enter approved weekly film terms within the Film system.
- Process and post weekly film accruals.
- Prepare British Columbia tax calculations.
- Calculate & process non-resident's withholding taxes.
- Settle and process approved film payments on a weekly basis.
- Process cheques, EFT's (Electronic Funds Transfers) and record wire payments.
- Match film payments with film documentation.
- Respond to film correspondence and ensure that professional relationships are maintained, both internally and externally.
- Assist with miscellaneous departmental projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 to 2 years of accounting or related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) at an intermediate level.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet reporting deadlines.
- Experience in a PeopleSoft accounting environment would be an asset.
- Experience in the film industry would be an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please