Multimedia Designer, Creative Services
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Creative Services department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Multimedia Designer
, reporting to the Creative Technologist.
We all remember the moment we connected graphic design & motion design to a bigger purpose. At a young age, things like movie title art, movie posters and new animated titles & end-credit screens were things that just existed magically. But when you realized that it was a special craft to bring typography, images and layout together to create these pieces of animation, you fell in love. In our day-to-day work, we believe that Design is more than just pretty video's and typefaces - it's a way of driving our purpose to help Canadian's be inspired to seek our pleasure at some of Canada's premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more. As a Multimedia Designer, you will be creating designs and animation for menu boards and digital screens that are seen by millions of people across the country. Your work will help Cineplex stand out as a bold Canadian brand and seen as a design champion & innovator. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies! Key Responsibilities:
- Create engaging animations for menu board systems and other mediums
- Lead the management of Menu Board files and processes
- Lead the conversion of Flash to HTML5 signage elements
- Interpret supplied scripts and stories in visual & creative way
- Provide creative concepts for animated commercials and messaging
- Liaise with digital signage scheduling team to ensure smooth rollouts
- Contribute to the creative team's concepts and ideation
- Light Video editing and sound design on projects as needed
- Work with supplied photography and brand elements to create strong menu and elements
- Work in close collaboration with copywriters, project managers and senior creative team
- Ensure all creative meets brand standards and the creative strategy platform of the in-house agency
Please provide a link to samples of your work on your resume.
- 2+ years experience creating strong designs at a creative or in-house agency.
- Proven knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and other creative software
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and web animation techniques
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven examples of creating multi-platform campaigns including print, web, mobile, digital and video elements
- Ability to communicate ideas confidently to peers and managers
- Working with top tier brand campaigns is an asset.
- Ability to speak, read and understand French is an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please