Project Manager, Design & Construction
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Design and Construction department at our Home Office in Toronto currently has an opportunity for the position of Project Manager, Design & Construction,
reporting directly to the Executive Director, Construction.
The Project Manager will lead teams of Consultants/Contractors and internal departments with designing and building new facilities and renovating existing ones. This role will also track and control construction schedules and budgets in addition to managing extra work claims to minimize the company's exposure to extra costs.Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements: Education:
- Provide experienced leadership in the design and construction of our facilities and/or renovations and alterations within.
- Manage teams of consultants, contractors and staff to ensure the most cost effective approach to constructing our facilities in accordance with the design intent of our internal departments.
- Manage tender processes for new projects, resolve tender queries to facilitate aggressive bid submissions.
- Analyze tender submissions, review and negotiate scope coverage, and recommend contract awards.
- Value Engineer
- Collect, analyze and interpret cost savings initiatives.
- Select alternatives and project consequences of decisions and/or recommendations.
Review contract documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Track and control construction schedules.
- Provide solutions/recommendations as necessary to maintain projects on track.
Manage contractor submittals/shop drawings to ensure sufficient lead time for consultant review, manufacturing, delivery and installation of materials.
- Track and control construction budgets and actualization on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Possess a professional certification or have a minimum of 5 years relevant retail project management experience.
- The ideal candidate will have completed either a Bachelor's degree or a post-secondary program at a community college.
Knowledge of construction design and scheduling.
Strong communication (oral and written), planning and organization skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Possess the ability to assume initiative in seeking logical problem solving solutions to issues.
- Maintain effective working relationships with contractors, consultants and local government officials.
- Ensure timely resolutions to disputes.
Strong project management skills.
- Experienced in delivering results in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Extremely detail oriented.
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
- Strong team player with the ability to maintain positive working relationships with peers, staff, contractors, consultants & building officials.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations of the Health & Safety Act and work with contractors to ensure all functions of work are completed safely.
- Must possess quality and customer service oriented attitude.
- Desire to think "outside the box" in designing world renowned entertainment centres.
- Personal drive and self-starter, able to work effectively without constant direction.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Bilingualism in French and English would be considered an asset.
- A movie lover.
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please