Regional Human Resources Manager, Quebec
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Montreal Regional Office
City: Montreal, Quebec
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Human Resources department currently has an opportunity available for a Regional Human Resources Manager, Quebec
, with the possibility of responsibilities in other parts of Canada. This position will be based out of our Montreal Regional Office, 352. Rue emery, bureau 300, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1J1. Position Overview:
The Regional Human Resources Manager works in conjunction with the National and Regional Operations, Regional Talent Development Manager and the corporate Human Resources team to drive the talent development strategy within Quebec. This individual is responsible for Human Resources expertise and coaching related to the entire employee life cycle for all theatres across Quebec, which includes both nonunion and unionized locations. This role coaches and mentors field Operations to strengthen their overall people management skills, coaching senior management and their managers and implementing succession planning strategies that meet the current and future needs of the business and driving the overall corporate strategy and objectives. Responsibilities include: People Management:
Employee Relations/Labour Relations:
- Creates a regional talent strategy in conjunction with the Regional Training and Development Consultant (RTDC) and the Regional Director that outlines the priorities and deliverables for the talent team for the year and is in line with the Operations Strategy plan and the larger HR team strategic plan
- Provides all necessary Labour expertise to stakeholders including but not limited to the areas of Labour Relations, Employment Standards Act interpretation, Human Rights Compliance, and Company policy interpretation.
- Conducts regular theatre visits, supporting in the areas of Cast/Manager engagement, leadership development.
- Works with key partners in Theatre Operations, HR and Risk to identify root causes of issues negatively impacting associate engagement / leadership issues and designs strategies to address.
- Manages the grievance process with union leadership.
- Participates in the collective bargaining process and contract negotiations.
- Provides training and support to managers in the areas of labour relations, leadership and engagement.
- Proactively addresses employee relations issues by coaching theatre management teams and the Regional team on how to investigate and address situations in adherence with the law and our policies and practices at Cineplex.
- Partners with Legal and Risk departments on high risk or situations that involve fraudulent activity to ensure we are adhering to company policy and partnering with the legal team to limit exposure to the company.
- Provides effective coaching, counseling and progressive disciplinary strategies on all employee relations issues, up to and including terminations
- Analyses employee opinion surveys and works with the Regional Director, RTDC and General Manager (GM) to create action items to address morale issues.
- Takes a proactive approach to identify gaps in processes and policies and works in conjunction with Human Resources/Operations/Legal/Risk to create programs and processes that address these gaps.
- Aids Regional Directors and GMs to identify internal candidates from an established talent bench utilizing the talent review and performance management data.
- Partners in all final hiring decisions for management level candidates.
- Works in conjunction with Director of Learning & Development, Regional Executive Director of Operations and RTDC in determining the most value-add training needs based requests and gaps identified thought the talent review process.
- Identifies key buildings with the Regional Executive Director and RTDC to conduct Talent Strength Assessments (TSAs), providing coaching and guidance to the Management team on strengthening their overall people practices.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
Manages the annual talent review process with the Regional team to include: identification of High Potentials, succession planning, selection, promotion and transfer of internal candidates for growth positions.
- Partners with the Regional Director and GMs ensuring the consistency of performance evaluation ratings within the regions.
- Utilizes the Talent Review data and performance management data to lead succession planning in the regional with Regional Operations and the RTDC
- 5-7 years relevant Human Resources experience with a focus on Employee Relations, labour relations and workforce planning in a retail or food service environment
- Bilingual English/French
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant employment standards and legislation in the following provinces (Ontario and Quebec).
- Experience working with both nonunion and union environments in a multi-unit retail or food service organization
- Highly motivated, approachable and positive professional who enjoys autonomy and responsibility of a field role in partnership with other regional field team members
- Collaborate effectively with people at all levels of our organization, translating technical HR concepts into practical language, and adjusting your style to different groups
- Excellent internal guest service skills, understands a "hands on approach" to providing HR support
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Able to respond to communication from the business on evenings and weekends
- Relevant University Degree / College Diploma in HR
- The ability to travel at least 25% of the time
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please