Host - South Edmonton The Rec Room
This job posting is no longer active
Location: The Rec Room Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Host - South Edmonton The Rec Room
, reporting to the General Manager - South Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1525 99 St NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Host will be responsible for providing consistently high-levels of customer service to all restaurant guests by providing prompt service, and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all menu items, entertainment options and daily specials. The Hosts perform these customer service duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times, and ensure that the guest has an enjoyable dining experience. Other responsibilities will include the proper setting of tables, removing used dishes and place settings, assisting with cleaning duties, and ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies and procedures.
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables
- Greet guests at entrance of dining room, restaurant, or lounge and escort them to tables or other seating areas
- Maintain familiarity with the composition of all menu items.
- Enroll guest into membership program as required.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and attend to complaints
- Let Rec Room leadership know about necessary dining room supplies and equipment
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment
- Support and co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff
- Accept payment from guests for food and beverage and games as required
- Clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with downtime procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- Change table linen as required and ensure dirty or damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
- At all times to be aware of and practice good customer relations, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management without delay.
- Take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits, including those normally used by customers, as well as fire escapes.
- Carry out on-the-job training to ensure subordinate staff can carry out their duties effectively.
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Ensure that any subordinate staff adhere to, and maintain, the highest possible standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Contribute and create an environment for a guest to "Tell Better Stories"
- Welcome all guests with a warm, friendly greeting.
- High school diploma or GED required
- A certificate or diploma in a related field preferred
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- 1 year of restaurant service experience
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Professional appearance and manners
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please