POS Systems Analyst - The Rec Room
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room .
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of POS Systems Analyst
, reporting to the Executive Director, Operations - The Rec Room. This role will be based out of our Home Office in Toronto at 1303 Yonge Street. Summary
The POS Systems Analyst will support the Executive Director Operations with a dotted line to the Director Planning and Analysis, in maintaining, improving and implementing updates and configuration to our point of sale (POS) operational systems. The POS Systems Analyst will support and deploy system related policies, procedures and standards to all Rec Room locations. End user support experience with an understanding and experience in using POS Back Office will be a critical part of regular job duties. Job Duties
- Manage and maintain the point of sale POS back office structure for the all the Rec Room locations
- Manage and maintain additional operational systems as assigned
- Set-up POS and Kitchen Display System (KDS) configurations for new locations prior to open and provide on-site end user support
- Develop and refine policy and procedures around additions, updates and other changes to POS configuration.
- Assist in implementing POS updates to the Rec Room locations
- Provide End user support on all issues around POS and provide the Rec Room Executive team with updates on resolution of issues
- Develop efficiencies and standard procedures for operation regarding POS
- Develop and push standardized reporting from POS
- Assisting in auditing and editing of all culinary recipes for accuracy and yield
- Subject matter expert for operational systems including but not limited to POS & KDS
- Share Best Practices across locations to increase performance levels and customer satisfaction.
- Work with regional, location and corporate teams to execute marketing promotions, culinary initiatives, and other initiatives (live event ticketing, other)
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 2 - 5 years' experience in end user support or working with POS systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
o The ability to think quick on your feet and generate creative solutions to complex problems
o Quickly learn new technology, software, and techniques
o Work on multiple projects simultaneously in a highly collaborative and quickly changing environment
- Working Knowledge of restaurant or retail operations
- Ability to examine and re-engineer Database structures, form new policies, and develop and implement new strategies
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of end users and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Good training, coaching, and mentoring skills are a plus
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and location managers
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- 60% travel required which can fluctuate based on the needs of the business
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Extended hours as required including weekends and holidays
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please