General Manager - The Rec Room Masonville Place
This job posting is no longer active
Location: The Rec Room Masonville Place
City: London, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of General Manager - The Rec Room Masonville Place,
reporting to theExecutive Director, Operations - The Rec Room. This position will be based at ourLondon Rec Room located at 1680 Richmond St. North in London, ON.
The General Manager is responsible for creating better stories for our Rec Room guests and employees by coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of Rec Room operations inclusive of restaurant, kitchen and gaming operations, while maintaining a profitable location, high quality products and service levels. The General Manager is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality and service consistently high. It is important for the General Manager to have both a vision and the ability to execute flawlessly.Job Duties
- Greets all Team Members, conducts pre-shift meetings, and initiates communication with other managers at the start of each shift (e.g., daily production goals, staffing needs, and training).
- Provides exceptional Guest service; communicates with Guests in order to assess service and product quality.
- Conducts walk-through of Rec Room upon arrival to assess cleanliness and determine readiness, determine preparation status; visits each station to assess quality of previous night's close and readiness, and communicates this with other managers.
- Conducts kitchen walk-throughs in order to monitor the needs of kitchen management team, the status of production, pace and volume.
- Demonstrates exceptional energy and stamina; upholds the highest quality standards for food, service and financial management; requires that the Rec Room meets his/her personal stamp of approval at all times.
- Interacts with Guests by greeting them, providing service, answering questions, solving problems, and handling complaints
- Ensure that stations have their correct materials in place.
- Ensure that faults and defects are reported to Maintenance and acted on appropriately without delay.
- Maintain high standards of morale and personal appearance of all staff.
- Ensure fair and equitable discipline, in compliance with Rec Room regulations.
- Investigate and action the causes of staff concerns.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all statutory regulations affecting restaurant health and safety, and ensure that any safety hazards are identified and rectified.
- Ensure that all stocks and supplies are requested in a timely fashion so that correct stock levels are maintained and stored under optimum conditions.
- Ensure regular reviews of all required stock and operating equipment at specified intervals.
- Is responsible for maintaining and monitoring inventory; ensures that there is enough product on hand to complete daily production; orders new stock; and purchases special order supplies and/or alcohol.
- Ensure that operating equipment is used properly and not abused
- Measures and records food costs, waste costs, and labour costs; analyzes production sheets; minimizes waste costs and labour costs; monitors receivable pricing; checks specs on deliveries; understands and achieves financial goals.
- Checks and monitors portioning, garnishing, temperature, taste, and appearance of food to ensure quality and recipe adherence.
- Ensure effective communication by attending meetings as required and holding staff meetings on a regular basis to impart information.
- Hold regular On-the-Job training sessions to ensure that staff can perform their duties correctly.
- Reviews all daily and weekly reports (e.g., actual vs. projected report, inventory/invoices, daily detailed labour
- Supply feedback on guest letters and comments in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a high degree of interest in self-development, displaying this by making suggestions for realistic improvements.
- Post-Secondary education (B.Comm or Hospitality)
- 3-5 years of direct restaurant experience in a management capacity
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Achieve operational objectives of all Rec Room areas by preparing and completing action plans, implementing productivity, quality and standards of service. Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Training, coaching, and mentoring managers and employees
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500EF
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please