Chef - The Rec Room Masonville Place
This job posting is no longer active
Location: The Rec Room Masonville Place
City: London, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Chef -The Rec Room Masonville Place
, reporting to the General Manager, The Rec Room Masonville Place. This position will be based at ourLondon Rec Room located at1680 Richmond St. North in London, ON.
The Chef is responsible for creating better stories for our Rec Room guests and employees by coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of kitchen operations, while maintaining high quality menu options and service levels. The Chef is expected to schedule kitchen staff, maintain appropriate inventory and supply levels, create and prepare menu items in an efficient manner. The Chef is further required to ensure the safe and healthy preparation of meals and sanitation techniques at all times to avoid cross-contamination and the spoiling of food and beverages. Other duties may be required. Job Duties
- Oversee all kitchen operations ensuring healthy and safe work practices.
- Comfortable speaking in front of a medium sized group articulating the food concepts at the Rec Room.
- Schedule kitchen staff in accordance with business demands and trends.
- Order inventory and kitchen supplies, ensuring sufficient stock levels.
- Create, review and update menu options.
- Establish, implement and communicate menu recipe requirements.
- Recruit, select and train kitchen staff.
- Ensure the safe storage and disposal of food and beverages.
- Ensure any food returned to the kitchen is counted and disposed of as waste.
- Maintain accurate log of food and beverage waste.
- Ensure preparation and cooking stations are well stocked.
- Escalate and document of any repairs or maintenance required for kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Enforce proper sanitation and preparation practices and procedures.
- Adhere to and enforce Company policies.
- Able to conduct interviews with the media regarding the culinary vision of The Rec Room.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Post-Secondary diploma in Business Management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality considered an asset.
- Red Seal inter-provincial culinary certification considered an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 3-5 years' Management experience as a Chef preferred.
- Smart Serve certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Manual dexterity required to operate various kitchen appliances and equipment.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking for long periods at a time.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends may be required.
- Noisy and fast-paced environment.
- Extended hours may be required.
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500EF
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please