Director, Content Strategy (0039)
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com).Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
The Marketing department at our Home Office in Toronto is recruiting for the position of Director, Content Strategy
, reporting to the Vice President of Marketing.
The Director of Content Strategy is a key member of the senior Marketing team on the theatrical business, with their role extending to other areas of the organization. You will connect fans and customers around the country to the entertainment they love, through a focused content marketing strategy across owned, shared, earned, and paid channels. You will be responsible for developing and implementing customer-centric content and social plans that drive our marketing and business objectives, and lead the development of high-quality, authentic, and innovative content initiatives in all forms and across all platforms to build engagement, awareness, consideration and preference for Cineplex.
You'll need to be a native digital content marketing specialist, have experience with different formats of content production, and have proven expertise developing measurable content and channel strategies that drive marketing goals. You're excited about leveraging content as a competitive advantage.Key Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a strategic content vision and plan that connects with our target audiences and reflects our brand.
- Be a key leader in pivoting our brand perception from "movies" to "entertainment", by leveraging content to lead that conversation shift.
- Oversee the editorial creation and curation of authentic, relevant and useful content across many channels and platforms, including the Pre-Show and TimePlay, social channels and YouTube, and the newsletter and online blog, as well as Air Canada in-flight monitors, digital signage networks, and more.
- Evaluate and develop new distribution opportunities to expand our reach.
- Optimize digital content for search, user experience and target audiences.
- Continue to build out the content team as a centre of excellence for other areas of the organization to tap into for thought leadership, strategy, all the way through to campaign development and production.
- Partner with our WorldGaming esports business to help them develop and build a content strategy and plan that supports their brand, as well collaborate with other business and functional units on their initiatives, including the Cineplex Store, Groups & Events, Cineplex Digital Media, our Communications/PR team and more.
- Lead any necessary research initiatives to support content objectives and provide competitive insights.
- Stay ahead of emerging digital marketing, tech and content trends in an ever-changing landscape.
- Be a catalyst for new ideas and thinking and strong leader - inspire a team of passionate content creators to work smarter, more creatively, and more strategically.
- Consistently measure and report on content and optimize for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage the Content annual budgeting process and management of that budget.
- Interact with all levels of the organization to articulate strategies and initiatives.
- At least 8+ years of proven experience developing and scaling content strategies that connect to positive business results.
- At least 5+ years of experience working on mature digital content marketing strategies.
- Strong experience leading and developing talent.
- Expertise in social channel strategies, campaign creation, and measurement, including on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Understanding of the marketing funnel and customer journey and how content can strategically support and impact each.
- Hands-on experience with CMS platforms, Omniture, Google Analytics, and Sprinklr or similar platforms, as well as SEO best practices.
- Proven experience defining and hitting relevant KPIs that make sense for the business.
- Experience developing compelling stories across all content formats, and distribution strategies for specific audiences.
- Experience with both B2C and B2B content strategies is an asset.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and conventional wisdom.
- Ability to prioritize among many competing requests and initiatives.
- Ability to manage and operate at the strategic and tactical levels.
- Natural leader, with excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Great relationship manager with external and internal partners and strong negotiation skills.
- Confident presentation skills at all levels of the organization, including the ability to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Passion for movies and entertainment lifestyle is a plus.
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please