Team Lead, Technical Support - Cineplex Digital Media (OPS-112)
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Digital Media
City: Waterloo, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world's largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Cineplex Digital Media, a division of Cineplex, is currently recruiting for a Team Lead, Technical Support
, reporting to the Director, Technical Support. This position will be based at our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) office located in Waterloo, ON. Position Summary:
This role is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day deliverables of the Technical Support Centre (Help Desk) team. There is a strong focus on driving case resolution and ensuring exceptional customer service delivery by the support team to the CDM customer base. The incumbent will also provide project management, resource management, supervision of staff and liaise with the senior management team, business unit leaders and end users. They will participate in strategic and tactical planning, selection and deployment of technical resources and will support corporate goals and objectives. Individual Contributor - Professional - Technical Accountabilities:
Effectively plans and executes steps to produce consistent results that achieve objectives within agreed time, cost and quality parameters. Adheres to CDM business processes, procedures and policies while achieving desired outcomes which grow the business. Communication
Conveys thoughts and ideas with clarity verbally and in writing. Demonstrates effective listening skills and adapts style and presentation for intended audience. Collaborates and shares knowledge to assist in the productive flow of work while ensuring proprietary CDM information remains strictly confidential. Customer Focus
Communicates and builds relationships with internal and external customers to understand their business/requirements in order to deliver quality products and services that meet or exceed their expectations.Innovation
Applies creative thinking to new situations/opportunities. Balances creativity with practicality to achieve efficiencies. Demonstrates initiative and contributes ideas that generate solutions for business success and/or additional revenue and allows for scalability and continuous improvement to save time, money or other company/customer resources. Job Knowledge/Functional Depth & Breadth
Demonstrates proficiency and expertise in a specific functional discipline. Strives to remain current in areas of expertise and builds knowledge of best practices to adapt and leverage in the CDN environment. Demonstrates effective problem solving and decision making within the scope of the role/professional discipline. Teamwork
Works cooperatively with colleagues to sustain a high level of performance. Values diversity in the workplace and demonstrates an inclusive style that fosters dialogue and collaboration. Steps up to fill gaps and makes a contribution where applicable/appropriate to support team members and the achievement of team goals. Position Accountabilities:
Job Specifications: Minimum Education:
- Provide daily training, coaching, and supervision to ensure help desk team are equipped to meet quantitative and qualitative results including KPI metrics and targets set by the business. Produce daily case and call status reports. Staff scheduling.
- Develop specific, customized coaching plans with all staff members. Set monthly/quarterly goals linking behaviors with business results. Deliver full cycle performance management process. Implement initiatives to promote team/morale building and having FUN.
- Research, design and implement appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications, access to information and end-user productivity. Ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained and exceeded through proactive and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Oversee project management for support related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning and project post mortems.
- Assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of strategic and tactical planning. Recommend and reinforce operational standards, policies/procedures and identify gaps.
- Manage customer service and technical escalations with detailed gap analysis and feedback to management.
- University Degree or Community College diploma in a technical discipline such as networking or computer programming.
Skills and Professional Behaviours:
- Up to 5 years' working on a technical help desk or in a technical support role. Knowledge of linux and networking technology required.
- Up to 5 years' experience leading people, coaching for performance on an IT help desk, call center or customer service desk.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and ability to build positive relationships with customers/field technicians over the telephone
- Proficiency in call center applications, CRM, Avaya or Cisco Call Recording and Call Status preferred
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and manage the performance of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well developed presentation skills for training new hires and leading projects/task force(s)
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness with respect to record keeping, follow-up and preparation of documentation and training materials
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to share technical knowledge with less experienced colleagues
- Superior interpersonal and collaboration skills when dealing with staff and scheduling their shifts
- People leadership, customer service orientation and team work skills
- Bilingualism (English/French) a definite asset
- Ability to work shifts, including overnight
- Must provide own transportation when public transportation is not available
- Ability to deal with escalated technical and customer cases
- Ability to take "on-call" shifts
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please