Restaurant General Manager - South Edmonton The Rec Room
Location: The Rec Room Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Restaurant General Manager -South EdmontonRec Room
, reporting to the General Manager -South Edmonton Rec Room. This position will be based at ourSouth EdmontonRec Room located at1525 99 St NWin Edmonton, AB.
The Restaurant General Manager (RGM) is responsible for creating better stories for our guests by coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of Rec Room Restaurant operations. The RGM will have a hands-on opportunity to promote the business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality and service consistently high within all restaurants within the Rec Room. Job Duties
- Drive recruitment initiatives to ensure the right person is selected to fill openings.
- Maintaining a strong floor presence during peak hours supporting staff and connecting with guests as a measure of service.
- Manage restaurant financials to ensure we are operationally and financially effective.
- Liaise with guests regarding their experience within the Rec Room.
- Ensure that stations have their correct materials in place.
- Ensure that faults and defects are reported to Maintenance and acted on appropriately without delay.
- Maintain high standards of morale and personal appearance of all staff.
- Ensure fair and equitable discipline, in compliance with Cineplex Entertainment LP regulations.
- Investigate and action the causes of staff concerns.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all statutory regulations affecting restaurant health and safety, and ensure that any safety hazards are identified and rectified.
- Ensure that operating equipment is used properly and not abused, e.g. serviettes and waiters' cloths used for cleaning.
- Ensure effective communication by attending meetings as required and holding staff meetings on a regular basis to impart information.
- Hold regular On-the-Job training sessions to ensure that staff can perform their duties correctly.
- Supply feedback on guest letters and comments in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a high degree of interest in self-development, displaying this by making suggestions for realistic improvements.
- Post-Secondary education (B.Comm or Hospitality)
- 3-5 years of direct restaurant experience in a management capacity
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Achieve operational objectives of all outlets by supporting the preparation of action plans, implementing productivity, quality and standards of service.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of customers and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Training, coaching, and mentoring managers and employees.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to hot grill or oven with temperatures as high as 350-500EF.
- Exposure to walk-in refrigerator with temperatures as low as 40ºF.
- Exposure to walk-in freezer with temperatures as low as 0ºF.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extended hours as required.
Interested applicants, please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please