Accounts Payable Supervisor (20-Month Contract) - Player One Amusement Group (0073)
Location: Player One Amusement Group
City: Mississauga, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America's leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
The Player One Amusement Group division of Cineplex Entertainment has an opening for an Accounts Payable Supervisor
reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Accounting, Player One Amusement Group. Please note: this is a 20-month contract opportunity. This position is based at our Player One Amusement Group office located at 6420 Viscount Road in Mississauga, ON.
The A/P Supervisor will manage the daily operations and strategic objectives of the Company's accounts payable cycle through design, implementation, maintenance and management of all accounts payable business functions. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide procedural/technical guidance and workload support to the North America Accounts Payable team.
- Supervise accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger and accounts payable; ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Supervise monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensuring accuracy of financial statements.
- Communicate with external customers and attend to inquiries (using 2 ERP systems) as well as liaise with management team regarding fixed asset and equipment purchase activities
- Help resolve Accounts Payable related issues and discrepancies in Peoplesoft with IT Department as necessary.
- Responsible for gathering and reviewing all audit requests related to accounts payable
- Flexible to continue skill development and cross-training
- Minimum 5 years work experience in accounts payable with responsibility for direct customer contact. Three (3) years supervisory experience preferred
- BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or a commensurate level of directly related experience
- Well-developed analytic and problem solving skills
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Successful in dealing with customer and company personnel at all levels
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations
- Personally exhibits a strong commitment to dependability and reliability with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of the customer base
- Hands on, self-starting, disciplined, and detail oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high volume environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate and timely
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of proper accounting treatment for accounts payable transactions and activities
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word)
- Complete other projects and work, as assigned
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please