Social Media & Local Marketing Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse (0080)
Location: The Rec Room Roundhouse Toronto
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
. The Rec Room
is an exciting new interactive entertainment destination created by Cineplex Entertainment. Featuring a wide range of entertainment options including upscale casual dining, live entertainment, state of the art simulation games, virtual reality and a variety of recreational games such as bowling, billiards, and ping pong, The Rec Room redefines out-of-home entertainment. With the success of our four open locations, The Rec Room plans to open 10-15 new locations over the coming years, each ranging in size from 40,000-60,000 square feet and customized to the individual community. Locations are now open in South Edmonton, Toronto, West Edmonton and Calgary with plans announced for complexes in Mississauga (ON), and Vancouver (BC).
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Social Media and Local Marketing Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse
, reporting to the Sr. Manager Digital & Social Marketing - The Rec Room. This position will be based at our Toronto Rec Room located at 255 Bremner Blvd. in Toronto, ON.
The Social Media and Local Marketing Manager is the local/regional brand ambassador for The Rec Room. The role is accountable for supporting the execution of national marketing initiatives as well as identifying, creating and implementing local initiatives and managing the social conversation and engagement. Job Duties
- The Brand Champion for their location.
- Identify local marketing opportunities (internal & external), and develop programs outlining strategy and metrics to drive business objectives as well as evaluating the overall success of each initiative.
- Community management of, as well as content creation for, local social media content and review sites in line with National Marketing plans.
- Identify key relationships and partnerships that will help build the The Rec Room brand, building and implementing associated activation plans to drive business objectives.
- Respond in a timely manner to social media guest conversation and feedback including issues management.
- Maintain a current marketing calendar that outlines all brand events
- Roll out corporate marketing initiatives and provide feedback on success and opportunities.
- Work with Brand Manager and Local Entertainment Manager to develop and execute marketing programs for events, as well as evaluating the overall success of each initiative.
- Support Sales Manager with local marketing plans and tactics to drive group sales revenue.
- Update and work closely with Cineplex's communication team to identify and execute local PR opportunities.
- Local media buys and activation.
- Build and maintain relationships with local media contacts.
- Work with the Management team to reinforce brand, guest and staff experience
- Attend relevant external events and act as brand spokesperson as required.
- Ensure that website is up to date.
- Provide content direction and plans for website.
- Explore ways to drive local acquisition to digital marketing channels (app, email).
- Manage any marketing aspects of retail merchandise
- Track and report any issues with native app or website to TRR marketing leads.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to support the overall business as required.
- University degree or College Diploma in an appropriate field.
- 2-3 years of marketing and social media experience.
- Experience in customer service.
- Working knowledge of restaurant and/or entertainment industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques is preferred, but not required.
- Experience managing and activating partnerships.
- Ability to manage and maintain a promotional calendar.
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of budget management.
- Experience buying media and building activation plans
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, promotions and events.
- Evenings, weekends and additional hours as required (this is an important one given role)
- Ability to attend external events and conduct presentations
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please