Director, Guest Experience (0090)
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Cineplex Entertainment currently has an opening for the position of Director, Guest Experience
reporting to the VP, Loyalty & Customer Insights. The Director, Guest Experience will lead communications and guest engagement programs and develops innovative approaches for research, collaboration, and guest satisfaction measurement that create improved value for the Company and enhanced experiences for guests. The Director, Guest Experience position requires a commitment to uncompromised guest service. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of as well as successful experience in leading guest service teams within the retail or hospitality sectors. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational guest engagement plans, programs, and initiatives to align with Cineplex Entertainment's guest service vision and strategies.
- Provide recommendations on guest satisfaction measures, guest experience strategies, programs, initiatives and emerging issues to enable guest-centric strategic decision processes and major or critical issues response.
- Plan and provide leadership to the implementation of integrated guest engagement and communication initiatives to improve and enhance the perceptions and experiences of the guest.
- Lead and/or direct specific guest research programs, dialogue and other forms of engagement to understand key concerns and issues, and inform the review and enhancement of customer services and service delivery models.
- Drive the ongoing development of a guest service culture across the organization, supported by effective policy and process frameworks and responsive guest service systems to embed best practice guest-centric behaviours.
- Ongoing management, review and reporting of the Voice of the Guest and Internal Cineplex Mystery Shop Programs.
- Lead and initiate change with Corporate Stakeholders, Theatres, Location Based Entertainment venues and individuals to provide resolutions and enhancements based on guest feedback.
- Develop new initiatives and programs to assist the theatre management teams to deliver on Cineplex Entertainment's mission statement.
- Identify opportunities for enhanced service delivery through digital and mobile platforms, and the application of social media, mobile apps and technologies to optimize guest experience.
- Lead the Guest Experience department and improve guest service support center operations by analyzing metrics and monitoring individual and system performance.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase call center effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide the highest levels of guest service and possess proven experience in motivating and driving performance improvements within a team.
- Possess in depth knowledge of Guest Service technology and identify opportunities to source and implement systems that drive efficiency and best in class support for the guest.
- Support training and quality programs to ensure technical accuracy and guest satisfaction in every interaction.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- 10+ years' customer service experience, including 7+ years in leadership positions in complex, multi-product or service environments within the retail or hospitality sector.
- Passionate about providing the best possible levels of guest service and have proven experience in motivating and driving performance improvements within a team.
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to execute.
- Strong personal and team leadership, proven ability to build high performing engaged teams.
- Strong problem solver with the proven experience of executing solutions successfully to deliver a positive guest experience.
- Experience creating new business value and leading major change initiatives.
- Proven experience in process improvement and identifying areas for increased operational efficiencies.
- Hands-on experience managing guest service teams, including resource management, technology, business continuity and data analytics.
- Contact centre experience that includes phone, live chat, social media and e-mail support.
- Requires excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate department strategy and corresponding operating procedures to all levels within the company, including senior management.
- Bilingualism in both French and English would be considered an asset
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) may be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please.