Director of Sales, Groups & Events, Location Based Entertainment (0044)
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
For over 15 years, Cineplex Entertainment has been hosting groups and events at its Theatres across the country. From corporate meetings and town halls, to client appreciation events and private screenings, Cineplex is positioned to offer an exceptional event experience for corporate clients, schools, and social groups from coast to coast.
And now with Cineplex's announcement of the launch of The Rec Room, Canada's premiere social playground, the company is positioned to provide an exceptional entertainment and dining experience to groups looking for an unique and interactive social experience. The first Rec Room opened in Edmonton in 2016 and plans for expansion are well underway. To learn more about The Rec Room please visit our website at www.therecroom.com
Cineplex Entertainment is recruiting for the position of Director of Sales, Groups & Events, Location Based Entertainment (LBE)
reporting to the Executive Director, Groups & Events.
The Director Sales, LBE, will be responsible for developing and executing all elements of the business unit strategy and revenue management plan to further develop and grow the meetings and events across all existing and emerging brands under the Location Based Entertainment umbrella. Leading, managing and motivating a high performance sales team across the country, helping to create and drive the overall new business development sales strategy and building relationships across the Cineplex ecosystem, will be key areas of focus. The incumbent will also enjoy working in a start-up environment and have the experience and ability to navigate and participate in activities and initiatives that will ensure each LBE concept is set up for success. The successful candidate will know how to properly resource and position G&E sales activities for optimal revenue and efficiencies for each location, working hand in hand with our Operations partners. A solid, proven history of direct sales leadership experience within the hospitality and meetings/events space is required for this position; leadership, meeting planning and sales experience in the alternate meeting venue segment is considered an asset. The key areas of responsibilities of this position include: Strategic Planning:
- Develop a long term expansion plan to efficiently grow the G&E sales business across the Location Based Entertainment brands, looking for opportunities to cross-sell into each unique brand for a best in class experience for our clients.
- Leverage Cineplex systems and labour resources to ensure sales team is supported without taking on fixed costs that are not mission critical.
- Build the team. Support the sales leaders currently in their roles.
- Foster positive and productive internal and external relationships to maximize sales opportunities and develop new business opportunities across all LBE brands.
- Ensure optimal cross selling/upselling between Cineplex and the LBE client base.
- Travel for in-market recruiting and coaching with sales team. and meetings with key customers and partners and to develop larger business relationships.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in the development of annual sales targets and make recommendations for compensation and incentive programs that will motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Together with the Executive Director, manage the operations and resources of the department while identifying barriers that may impede the sales team from delivering profitable growth.
- Manage within, and adhere to, annual department expense and capital budgets.
- Review expense reports for sales team and prepare monthly commission reports for HR to ensure prompt turnaround for the sales team.
- Together with the Executive Director, engage, motivate and lead team of employees to deliver annual business targets and create a culture of success.
- Recommend sales training programs and professional development opportunities that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Remove obstacles to your Sales teams' success.
- Working directly with our Marketing department, manage the implementation of sales & marketing plan and measure the effectiveness of all Groups and Events Marketing activities across all LBE brands.
- Ensure systems are in place to maximize CRM and provide recommendations on feature development and/or enhancement that will assist sales productivity and quality report outcomes. Advise on new features required for expansion into different brands.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the Executive Director in terms of impact to our business.
- Manage customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications: Education & Experience:
- Collaborate with the Exec Director to provide data that will inform the development of business unit's annual business plans (for both Cineplex and Location Based Entertainment), and the budget.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales reporting; including forecasting, budgeting and productivity tools.
- Manage the team's compliance with reporting routines and leverage CRM tools.
- 10+ years' experience in hospitality, entertainment, meetings & event sales industry with a minimum of 8 years in a sales leadership, managing teams to achieve the overall sales strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma.
- 8 years of people management experience with multiple direct reports and ability to build and manage remote teams.
- Experience in financial reporting, budgeting, strategy development and sales forecasting.
- Experience managing CRM and implementing key policies and procedures.
- Experience in Human Resources management or course work completion considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic and hands-on professional with strong leadership skills who can guide, coach and motivate others.
- Strategic thinker with background in successful leadership of hospitality sales teams.
- Mature and self-confident with the ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage independently.
- A true team player with the ability to work independently, yet collaborate effectively cross-functionally with both internal and external teams.
- Operates with a high level of emotional intelligence and has a genuine passion for customer service excellence.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
- Bilingual in French and English would be considered a definite asset.
Pipeline/Pricing/Verticals & Reporting:
This position is Toronto-based but approximately 25% of travel within Canada will be required to support regional sales team and customers.
- Proficient with financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Expert level proficiency with MS Office products: (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and Outlook email/calendaring.
- Knowledge of the meeting industry with established relationships and access to current, thriving sales verticals suitable for our alternative meeting venue.
- Aware of pricing differentials across Canadian market and able to advise product line up.
- Proficient with CRM software and ability to recommend feature improvements.
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please