Executive Director, Digital Product (0018)
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Cineplex has an immediate opening for the position of Executive Director, Digital Product
, reporting to the Vice President, Digital Product.
The Executive Director, Digital Product will oversee a portfolio of direct-to-consumer apps and websites, including product vision and strategy, roadmaps, and full product lifecycle. They will have strategic impact and influence the direction of the business, as well as direct responsibility for the web, mobile and television platforms across Cineplex's theatrical, home entertainment (Cineplex Store), Location Based Entertainment (The Rec Room, Playdium), and Topgolf divisions.
The Executive Director, Digital Product will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to define and create industry changing products across the entire Cineplex ecosystem. We are looking for a high energy, results-driven individual, excited to have ownership and accountability for critical high value products that enhance the daily lives of Cineplex guests.
The Executive Director, Digital Product is dedicated to making it easier and faster to ship quality cross-platform experiences to Cineplex guests by prioritizing development, removing obstacles, establishing release processes and gating, and working with an amazing team of talented, passionate product managers and leaders across the company. Responsibilities Product Vision & Strategy
Product Development & Delivery
- Drive Cineplex's long-term platform strategy across living room, mobile and web, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment in collaboration with executive leadership and other functional departments
- Work closely with internal stakeholders in Media Sales, Digital Content Merchandizing, IT, Customer Strategies, Marketing, Guest Services, and Business Unit leaders to deeply understand and address platform needs
- Be a champion and voice of the customer, especially in areas where platform decisions can have material user impact
- Act as product evangelist both internally and externally
Qualifications & Experience
- Manage the full product lifecycle from concept to sunset, oversee existing product lines, execute product roadmaps, increase profitability, and manage costs for each product
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities for new products and features. Working with a team of product managers, define market opportunities, establish business cases, and develop product requirements to drive best-in-class development
- Improve product performance, relying on key performance metrics to measure effectiveness and drive iteration
- Manage 3rd party development and vendors, including contract negotiation
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer and competition to drive product decision and set priorities, including ongoing competitive analysis and market knowledge
- Collaborate with Marketing while owning the go-to-market process for product releases
- Build, lead, and coach a talented team of product managers who take pride in building exceptional products. Champion the agile process, acting as a coach as needed to motivate and train team members on process, management, and requirements
- 10+ Years of experience in digital product development, ideally in consumer-facing e-commerce, software/site, video, or similar industries, with accountability for production
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Launched, managed, and grown multiple successful consumer-facing product lines, preferably on multiple platforms
- Experiencing managing a P&L
- Outstanding communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to craft clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- An aptitude and interest in both business strategy and product considerations, including business cases, competitive analysis, market opportunities, product vision, product strategy, and product requirements
- An understanding of the latest technologies in entertainment and content distribution, including DRM, bandwidth optimization, video playback, content personalization, product and platform-based search, and content recommendation
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and leadership within agile/lean product development environment
- Ability to conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation, and communicate complex information to different target audiences
- Proven ability to manage technology partners, vendors, and 3rd parties in support of overall product delivery and optimization, including technical delivery, reporting and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions within a fast-paced environment, communicate rationale, and take action
- Passionate about movies!
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please