Part-Time Games Technician - Playdium Mississauga
Location: Playdium Mississauga
City: Mississauga, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America's leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
About Playdium: PLAYDIUM is a large scale Family Entertainment Centre based at 99 Rathburn Road West, Mississauga, Ontario L5B 4C1. The 11 acre property is host to the ultimate family entertainment centre. Featuring interactive arcade games, redemption games, simulators, go karts, mini golf, 9 variable speed batting cages, birthday party space and corporate meeting space.
Playdium Mississauga currently has an opportunity for the role of Part-Time Games Technician
, reporting to the General Manager, Playdium Mississauga. Purpose of this job:
The Games Technician will conduct preventative maintenance to ensure the gaming equipment maintains the highest industry standards. The Games Technician is accountable for the safe installation, testing, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs of gaming and attractions equipment. Although the games and associated equipment will be their primary responsibility, they may also be asked to maintain or repair other equipment onsite. Job Duties
- Execute the repair of gaming and attractions equipment.
- Execute preventative maintenance program for gaming machines and attractions.
- Install software and software upgrades • Remove and replace worn components
- Perform assigned equipment inspections and document maintenance using daily, weekly and monthly inspection logs
- Respond quickly to custom concerns and rectify gaming issues as requested.
- Perform all preventive and corrective maintenance in full compliance with applicable programs, best industry practices and manufacturer's recommended practices.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Adhere to all health and safety requirements by the organization.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance with Federal, Provincial, Municipal, Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum college diploma in Electronics or similar fields.
- Experience with shop tools (grinders, drill presses)
- Experience with gaming equipment repairs.
- Experience in diagnosing and using preventative measures for gaming equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of gaming equipment principles, equipment operation.
- Highly motivated, organized and reliable and energetic.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive, professional, personable and adaptable.
- Must be willing and able to support any afterhours gaming related activity as required.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Familiar with Windows Office including Excel, Word and Outlook is an asset.
- Job requires ability to work with tools and materials.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 30 feet is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required i.e. respirator, safety boots.
- Hazards associated with the industry.
- You will be required to carry a small inventory of personal tools.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please