Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Treasury department at our Home Office in Toronto currently has an opening for a Treasury Associate
reporting directly to the Manager, Treasury. The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Process Home Office credit card payments, refunds, retrieval requests and chargebacks on a daily basis. Work with the Guest Services department to resolve disputed credit card charges.
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of cash forecasts including updating the forecast for weekly banking activity, monitor / investigate variances between forecasted and actual results, and reviewing sources of financing as applicable
- Identify potential improvements to current cash management and treasury processes and assist with testing and implementation of changes.
- Completion of Home Office bank deposits. Assist with daily trips to the bank to deposit cheques received at the Home Office location. You will also be responsible for picking up any mail / correspondence from the bank.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations. On a monthly basis, reconcile the bank balances per the general ledger (GL) to the bank balances. This will involve communicating with bank contacts to determine the reason for any variances or discrepancies.
- Analyze and prepare financial reporting results for internal stakeholders relating to interest income, service charges, bank transfers, and other banking transactions.
- Provide support to other Treasury members; including but not limited to: updating the cash reports to reflect bank accounts activities and to provide a daily cash position, filing of banking documents, running ad-hoc reports etc.
- Assist in Treasury initiatives and special project work as required.
- Post secondary education and working towards a professional accounting designation and/or 1-2 years relevant work experience.
- Experience using PeopleSoft accounting system would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet reporting deadlines.
- A thorough knowledge of MS Excel and MS Outlook.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please