Entertainment Assistant - South Edmonton The Rec Room
This job posting is no longer active
Location: The Rec Room Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Entertainment Assistant - South Edmonton The Rec Room
, reporting to the Entertainment Supervisor - South Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1525 99 St. NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Entertainment Assistant is responsible for execution of Entertainment activities programmed at The Rec Room location. The Entertainment Assistant implements operational details ensuring the events are executed as planned; works with show services and front line staff; and generates reports on event activities.
- Support for all The Rec Room programs, events and entertainment at select location(s).
- Following the Entertainment function sheet created by the Entertainment Coordinator execute a variety of live entertainment offerings such as comedy, music, cabaret, lifestyle events, etc.
- Work with internal departments to ensure all show elements are supported including room set-up / strike.
- Work with external suppliers including AV production and security services.
- Orchestrate onsite ticket sales and admissions for Entertainment events.
- Liaison with performers, agents, promoters and partners onsite to ensure needs are met and programs are executed according to contract terms.
- Greenroom set-up
- Receive Entertainment related materials and prepare for return following events
- Complete reports on execution of Entertainment events including attendance, patron issues and performer feedback.
- Strong event / entertainment experience
- 1-3 years' experience working in events or entertainment
- Degree or Diploma in event management is an asset.
- Familiarity with AV technical production considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local entertainment industry and area an asset.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Efficient, consistent team player.
- Innovative Problem solving skills.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and adaptability.
- SmartServe certification considered an asset.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and additional hours as required.
- Ability to lift 50lb required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- This position is responsible for Entertainment event execution in a 40,000 square foot facility which requires full range of motion physicality, physical endurance and stamina to work each shift.
- Fast paced environment.
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please