Human Resources Generalist - The West Edmonton Rec Room
This job posting is no longer active
Location: The Rec Room West Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com).Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Human Resources Generalist,
reporting to the Director Human Resources. This position will be based at ourWest Edmonton Rec Room located at M-325, 8882 170 Street in Edmonton, AB.
The successful individual will be part of the building's leadership team .
Responsible for assigned location(s) recruitment, compliance and administration of HR policies, practices and procedures. The incumbent partners with operations to ensure our staffing levels are maintained and HR practices/administration are aligned with organization and operational goals. Job Duties
Recruiting, selection and retention
- Develop strategies leading to the recruitment, selection and retention of hourly staff.
- Partner with Corporate Human Resources for the recruitment of salaried and management staff.
- Ensure that reference checks and exit interviews are conducted. Analyze exit interview trends
- Ensure new hire documentation is received, entered into the HRMS and updated as required.
- Onboard, and manage the orientation of all new and returning employees and ensure employees receive proper training appropriate for their position e.g. E-Learning, Food Safety, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal and Provincial Employment legislation
- In consultation with Corporate HR ensure policies and procedures are followed and provide recommendations to operations as required
- Assist and provide counsel on progressive disciplinary issues and performance management issues to the management team in partnership with Corporate HR
- Conduct investigations as required and provide recommendations
- Provide professional coaching and counselling to management and other employees as required
- Implement, communicate, monitor and maintain all Company policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with Corporate H.R on all salaried and for cause terminations
Health and Safety
- Ensure employees adhere to all OH&S programs, policies and practices and provide adequate training to all employees in partnership with Corporate Health and Safety
- Ensure all required Joint Health and Safety Committee activities are conducted e.g. committee meetings, accident investigations, etc.
- Provide advice on claims management and return to work for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses as required in conjunction with Corporate Health and Safety
- Direct staff to appropriate resources related to group benefit plans
- Participate in succession planning and staffing requirements
- Participate in and provide support to management in the annual performance appraisal of employees
- Assist as required in the salary review process for all hourly and salaried employees as required
- Provide leadership and facilitate activities that will build and enhance employee engagement and retention
- Prepare reports and make presentations as necessary
- Analyze metrics as required e.g. turnover reports, injury and illness claims, etc.
- Supervision of staff (where applicable)
HR Systems & Compliance
- Ability to learn and be the local expert on our HRMS and Staffing /Scheduling systems partnering with HR Services as required
- Ensure all employees are entered and when required, exited out of the system accordingly
- Keep up to date with market trends, legislative changes and updates
- Ideal candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a Human Resource Generalist role and/or Restaurant Operations is required
- Human Resource experience must include employee relations and recruiting experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is desired
- Professionalism and diplomacy with all levels of staff and leadership team is required
- Presentation skills for general orientation, addressing all staff, and other training initiatives is required
- Multi-tasking with the ability to remain calm during high volume periods is necessary
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends as required
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Extended hours as required
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please