Theatre Manager - Ottawa, Ontario Area
This job posting is no longer active
City: Ottawa, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Are you passionate about movies? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Are you looking for an opportunity for tremendous career growth? Join the Cineplex team and IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES™. Land your starring role:
The Cineplex team is very exciting, fun, interactive, and passionate about providing each and every guest with an exceptional entertainment experience. Right now Cineplex is looking for a dynamic Theatre Manager to manage a theatre in the Ottawa, Ontario Area.
The key responsibilities for a manager are:
- Lead and manage a dedicated team of employees.
- Manage the guest experience - ensure each and every guest who visits your facility is satisfied and is excited about their next visit.
- Manage your theatre budget and grow revenue. Forecast, initiate action/projects to drive the business forward and strengthen Cineplex Entertainment as Canada's # 1 premier film exhibition company.
Cineplex offers excellent opportunities for growth, this position can often lead to a more senior theatre management role (i.e.: Sr. Operations Manager, Sr. Food Service Manager or General Manager).What you need to become a successful member of this Team?
DON'T WAIT - NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO LAND THE STARRING ROLE - APPLY TODAY!While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please
- Demonstrate the strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills required to lead a theatre.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong computer aptitude.
- Ability to initiate innovative and creative sales and food service activities.
- Safe food handling certification would be considered an asset.
- Aware of health, safety and environmental legislation and regulations that apply to the theatre operations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities.
- Any previous management experience in a theatre, fast food, restaurant, or similar environment is considered an asset but is not a requirement.