Culinary Specialist - The Rec Room
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Culinary Specialist
, reporting to the Executive Director, Food and Beverage. This role will be based out of our Home Office in Toronto at 1303 Yonge Street.
The Culinary Specialist will support the Executive Director Food & Beverage in developing and deploying the culinary strategy with the Rec Room. This is a hands on working chef role requiring a strong diverse culinary working knowledge with an understanding and ability to open new locations from a culinary perspective.
- Manage the inventory and shrinkage of multiple facilities
- Manage Ordering through ensuring adherence to the policy and procedures in accordance with home office requirements
- Develop and refine Inventory policy and procedures that will include execution of a weekly and monthly food inventory count and submission for costing to home office
- Develop and refine purchasing procedures, storage and fridge layout for all new openings using a sheet to shelf ordering and inventory method
- Auditing and editing of all culinary recipes for accuracy, yield and kitchen adherence to the recipe specs
- May be required to support kitchen coverage in locations
- Support training back of house staff to required standards
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Culinary Management
- Minimum 3 - 5 years in a multi-location culinary management role overseeing kitchen operations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven track record of delivering financial results within a kitchen environment
- Strong Working Knowledge of restaurant operations
- Experience in all aspects of culinary service and people management
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to examine and re-engineer food and beverage operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and location Specialists
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- 80% travel required which can fluctuate based on the needs of the business
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Extended hours as required including weekends and holidays
Interested applicants, please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please