Associate, Communications and Investor Relations
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
The Communications and Investor Relations department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Associate, Communications and Investor Relations
, reporting to the Director, Communications. This role also works closely with the Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations as well as the Manager, Communications.
The Associate, Communications & Investor Relations, supports in the development and implementation of communications processes, marketing communications, public relations and investor relations activities for Cineplex. The successful candidate will also be responsible for organizing events, writing, developing communications materials, articles and external facing statements for both the media and our guests.
This role requires a high degree of collaboration and communication with other members of the team, so s/he must be able to get work done effectively through others and build relationships both internally across the company and externally with media, partners and vendors in support of team deliverables.Key Responsibilities: External Communications and Media Relations
- Assist the Director, Communications with researching and writing corporate communications materials including press releases, advisories, facts sheets, key messages and presentations
- Create targeted media lists and pitch key story ideas to regional, national and trade reporters across Canada
- Lead media outreach for Cineplex's B2B businesses (Cineplex Media, Player One Amusement Group. and Cineplex Digital Media) and support the Director, Communications with Cineplex's film exhibition, WorldGaming and Event Cinema businesses as well as community relations and brand efforts
- Responsible for PR measurement and researching; compiling and distributing press clippings report to senior executive team
- Maintain official theatre tracking and naming list, ensuring that information is up-to-date, consistent and free of errors
- Coordinate photography of all aspects of Cineplex's businesses
- Support the Vice President, Communications and Investor Relations with quarterly filings as well as maintain Cineplex's quarterly and year-end accomplishments lists
- Responsible for investor communication materials including investor presentations, IR key messages, facts sheets and board presentations, ensuring all documents are thorough and accurate
- Prepare briefing materials for senior management in advance of quarterly conference calls, investor meetings, presentations and roadshows
- Working on the Annual General Meeting
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Assist Manager, Communications with researching, writing and editing the quarterly Splice of Life newsletter and other internal facing documents
- Support internal initiatives that build employee excitement around our brands, core businesses and new business launches
Desired skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Excellent judgment and strategic thinking, including the ability to identify and analyze issues and opportunities
- Exceptional communications and writing ability with strong presentation skills
- Strong understanding and grasp on news media and what makes a compelling, well-crafted business, entertainment, gaming, consumer lifestyle or community/local story
- Strong relationship builder who is a fast learner and able to think quickly on their feet
- Ability to effectively articulate Cineplex's vision, goals and initiatives
- Good understanding of financial statements and filing procedures
- Demonstrated track record in working with others and ability to interact effectively with senior management
- Creative, professional, self-motivated and constantly looking to implement best practices in all areas of the communications field
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel as well as media monitoring tools (traditional and social). Very strong PowerPoint skills are required.
- Ability to track and measure program effectiveness across multiple channels
- Fully proficient in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Fully bilingual in French (reading, writing and speaking) an asset
- Demonstrated track record in social media communications
- Theatre-level experience is an asset
- University or post-secondary education in communications, public relations, journalism, business or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in corporate communications, media or public relations including employee communications.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please