Art Director - Design - Content & Creative
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Content & Creative department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Art Director - Design
, reporting to the Creative Technologist.
We all remember the moment we connected graphic design to a bigger purpose. At a young age, things like movie title art, movie posters and advertising were things that just existed magically. But when you realized that it was a special craft to bring typography, images and layout together to create these pieces of art, you fell in love. In our day-to-day work, we believe that Design is more than just pretty pictures and fonts - it's a way of driving our purpose to help Canadian's be inspired to seek our pleasure at some of Canada's premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more. As an Art Director, you will lead a team of graphic designers and production artists who design for many mediums that are seen by millions of people across the country. You'll get to help evolve existing brands and help build new ones. You and your team's work will help Cineplex stand out as a bold Canadian brand and seen as a design champion & innovator. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies!
- Lead the branding and visual identity of Cineplex Brands seen across the country in all our facilities
- Develop and maintain brand guidelines and ensure they are followed
- Provide artistic direction of photography and illustration
- Develop new, 360° creative approaches for ideation and exploration
- Lead a design team that consistently hits the objectives and communication needs of creative briefs.
- Provide creative concepts for advertising, and oversee the artistic direction
- Work in close collaboration with copywriters, project managers and senior creative team
- Ensure all creative meets brand standards and the creative strategy platform of creative agency
- Working alongside designers to conceive and complete effective campaigns with an integrated verbal and visual concept.
- Be a people leader and help build and inspire your team to strive for strong creative
- Passionately and confidently present your ideas to internal stakeholders.
Please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume.
- 6+ years experience at building brand experiences at a creative or in-house agency.
- Inspiring leader who's able to share specific and constructive feedback
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven examples of creating multi-platform campaigns including print, web, mobile, digital and video elements
- Ability to communicate ideas confidently to peers, managers and executives
- Working with top tier brand campaigns is an asset.
- Ability to speak, read and understand French is an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please