Sales Coordinator - The Rec Room Deerfoot
Location: The Rec Room Deerfoot
City: Calgary, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Sales Coordinator - The Rec Room Deerfoot
, reporting to the Sales Manager, Groups & Events, The Rec Room Deerfoot. We are looking for a detail oriented team player who enjoys multi-tasking and leading by example. This position will be based at our Calgary Rec Room located at 901 64 Avenue NE in Calgary , AB .
- Respond to all incoming group sales inquiries (i.e. phone, email, , web, etc.) and conduct outbound calls to respond to guest enquiries.
- Assist Sales Manager,Groups & Event with all administrative tasks required to properly sell and service meetings & special events business within TRR.
- Maintain accurate and detailed reports for each booking and maintain excellent communication with The Rec Room culinary and operating teams.
- Assist the Sales Manager, Groups & Events to execute group sales initiatives (i.e. direct mail, e-blasts, phone calls).
- Manage customer database and ensure that all records are up-to-date.
- Maintain timely sales reporting to Executive Director, Groups & Events.
- College Diploma in Hospitality or related field .
- Experience in hospitality sales administration preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, MS Outlook, Microsoft Office and CRM Database management are required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment with competing priorities.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, and other events as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Extended hours as required
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please