Cashier, Outtakes on Yonge
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com. NOW HIRING - CASHIER/BISTRO COOK OUTTAKES ON YONGE CINEPLEX ENTERTAINMENT HOME OFFICE 1303 YONGE STREET, TORONTO, ONTARIO
A Cashier/Bistro Cook is an employee of Cineplex Entertainment who works directly with the public. Their primary responsibilities are to welcome and serve our guests and to provide a clean and safe entertainment environment.
We count on our Cashiers/Bistro Cooks to ensure Cineplex Entertainment provides each and every guest with an exceptional entertainment experience. The Cineplex atmosphere is energetic, big, face-paced, social, exciting and positive.
We are currently recruiting a Cashier/ Bistro Cook
for the food service area of our test kitchen Outtakes on Yonge at Cineplex Entertainment Home Office, 1303 Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario M4T 2Y9. This position will be responsible for preparing food using standardized recipes and portion sizes. The Line Cook working in this area of the operation is key to ensuring we are passionately delivering an exceptional entertainment experience. You are committed to providing quality food service and assist with creating and maintaining the food service business and assist with providing a welcoming atmosphere to all guests. Throughout your shift you are friendly and upbeat and you pride yourself on your organization, quickness and product knowledge. You are passionate about food and love to work in a fun environment.
If you love the movies and enjoy working with the public, then this opportunity would be perfect for you. If this is the opportunity you've been looking for - Don't Wait!! Apply Today!
What does it take to be a star in our food service area?
- You are Food Safe certified or have to desire to obtain certification
- You must have an understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- You have a minimum of 6-months of previous line cook experience in a high-volume casual dining environment or catering
- You have experience dealing with guests and a passion for excellent service
- We are seeking energetic team members that are service and results oriented
- You are team oriented, f riendly and outgoing
- You enjoy working in a fast paced, guest service environment
- You have experience working with POS software and handling cash
- You have the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- You possess superior communication skills
- You are available to work a minimum of 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Successful candidates will enjoy free movies, competitive wages, comprehensive training programs, and tuition assistance.
Please note: this position will have a 40-hour work week. To explore this exciting opportunity, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please