Sr. Software Developer - Cineplex Digital Media (DV24)
Location: Cineplex Digital Media
City: London, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.Cineplex Digital Media (CDM)
is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world's largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership currently has an opening for the position of Senior Software Developer
, reporting to the Software Development Manager, Cineplex Digital Media. This position will be based out of our Cineplex Digital Media office located at 369 York Street in London, Ontario.
As a Senior Software Developer you will be implementing innovative designs that make our solutions and services the market leader in In-Store Digital Merchandising. As a key member of a highly collaborative agile development team, the Senior Software Developer will work with a cross-functional team in all layers of the system including UI, backend services, device, automated test, and automated deployment. The Software Developer is expected to possess high initiative and has the ability to take leadership and work in a collaborative team environment and has excellent expertise and experience in software development lifecycle and quality engineering.
The Senior Software Developer will work closely with multiple teams, including: Business Development, UX Design, Operations, in developing new consumer-facing Web applications, improving/maintaining existing ones and addressing users' needs, experience and usability requirements.Position Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Active participation in Agile development process including iteration planning, estimation, retrospective, standup and cross training
- Take leadership in design, implementation and code reviews; mentor junior members of the team
- Design and implement web services using JAVA, PHP, REST, SOAP
- Design and implement automated test cases for UI and system integration
- Participate in maintain, upgrade, optimization of existing solutions
- Involve in updating automated deployment script
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- Above 5 years of experience in a mature engineering organization building packaged software products
- Experience of architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-scale applications with OO approach
- Experience in side-side Web technologies including: Java, Servlet, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, PHP
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in the digital signage, promotion, and advertisement or related industries would be a significant asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across team/product-unit boundaries
- Proven ability in problem solving, decision making and leadership
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please