Host/Runner - West Edmonton The Rec Room
This job posting is no longer active
Location: The Rec Room West Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Host / Runner - West Edmonton The Rec Room
, reporting to the General Manager - West Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our West Edmonton Rec Room located at M-325, 8882 170 Street, Edmonton, AB .
The Host/Runner will primarily be responsible for delivering food to the restaurant's guests. This individual is responsible for ensuring that the food being delivered to the guest is at the correct temperature, is neat and presentable, and has nothing missing from either the plate or the overall order. They will also grab condiments, utensils and other items upon request. The Runner must perform their duties in a friendly and professional manner at all times with a focus on providing an excellent guest experience to ensure that the guests have an enjoyable dining experience.
- Deliver prepared food to guests, ensuring the entire table's food arrives at the same time.
- Monitor food distribution, ensuring that meals have been prepared as per the guest's specification and is delivered to the correct recipients.
- Review food and orders to ensure that food prepared matches the guest's order and that all food and condiments are there, that are required.
- Return meals to the kitchen when a guest requires a change to the food and return food to guest after the necessary corrections have been made.
- Fill water glasses and refillable drinks.
- Assist with the clearing and cleaning of tables.
- Remove trays and stack dishes for return to kitchen after meals are finished.
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness and general appearance of the restaurant.
- Stock service stations with items such as ice, napkins, or straws.
- Provide assistance to the wait staff and kitchen staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school diploma or GED, or currently in progress.
- 1-3 years of experience as a runner, or in a similar capacity considered an asset.
- Strong guest service skills.
- High flexibility and adaptability skills
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and to complete multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Interacts with employees, management and the public at large.
- Required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required.
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please