Venue Administrator - South Edmonton The Rec Room
Location: The Rec Room Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Venue Administrator - South Edmonton The Rec Room
, reporting to the General Manager - South Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1525 99 St. NW in Edmonton, AB.
Your role is to provide administrative support to ensure the operations of the Rec Room. This role will give you the opportunity to observe and contribute to the full cycle of venue operations in an administrative capacity.
Job Duties •
- Support personnel administration including the inputting of new hires, creation of swipe cards and organizing files as required •
- Assist with venue paperwork and filing, orientation materials and communication •
- Assist management in dealing with inquiries, and seeking appropriate solutions •
- Collaborate with other venue staff and management to ensure that venue needs are properly attended to in a timely manner •
- Support inventory management of venue supplies and administrative tools •
- Oversee the management and routing of customer questions and phone calls related to the venue •
- Attend required meetings while taking, consolidating and distributing minutes •
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables •
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily •
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management without delay •
- Support the location with cash administration as required
In addition to 2-3 years' experience in a professional or commercial environment in an administrative role, you will possess:
- Commitment to a team approach
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Has a general sense of urgency and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to foster strong client relationships
- Highly organized
- Strong Microsoft office skills required
- Extended hours as required
- Extended time sitting while using a computer
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please