Sales Assistant - The Rec Room
This job posting is no longer active
Location: The Rec Room Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room .
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Sales Assistant
- Regional Sales Office, South Edmonton, reporting to the Director of Sales; Groups & Events for The Rec Room. We are looking for a detail oriented team player who enjoys multi-tasking and leading by example. This position will be based out of the Cineplex South Edmonton Common location at: South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1525-99 St NW in Edmonton, AB.
This position supports the Groups & Events sales department for Alberta. The key areas of responsibility for this position include: Office Administration:
- Provide direct administrative assistance to the Sales teams on location and Director of Sales.
- Assist Sales Managers with all administrative tasks required to properly sell and service meetings & special events business within TRR.
- Maintain timely sales reporting to Director Sales and Executive Director, Groups & Events.
- Organize and maintain department correspondence; ensure shared file resources are regularly reviewed and maintained for accuracy and current content.
- Manage customer database and ensure that all records are up-to-date.
- Respond to all incoming corporate sales inquiries (i.e. phone, email, fax, web, etc.) and refer inquiries to appropriate sales team.
- Participate in group sales meetings; take and circulate minutes with focus on action items.
- CRM database maintenance, report writing.
- Code, organize and submit invoices for payment using tools and procedures provided by Finance.
- General office management such as ordering office supplies for the department, accurate record of departmental expenditures vs budget, filing, interoffice mail, and shipping.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Manage promotions programs tied to driving new meetings and event business.
- Meeting Planning, Trade Show Management and materials handling for The Rec Room sales team initiatives.
- Assist Alberta sales teams in executing corporate sales awareness programs (i.e. direct mail, e-newsletters, client list management, adherence with CASL compliance.)
- Excel report writing as required and ensuring regularly scheduled delivery on behalf of G&E department: i.e. Weekly Ops Activity Summary Report, PTO Tracker for G&E team, Strategic Partner Tracking.
- Ensure website content current and monitor functionality.
- Min 3-5 years' experience providing administrative support to senior level management.
- The ideal candidates will be detail oriented and operate with a commitment to delivering quality outcomes.
- Candidate must use discretion and judgement necessary to treat confidential items and assignments appropriately.
- Possess excellent communication, and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively and professionally; both oral and written.
- Operates with a high degree of emotional intelligence and professional maturity.
- Personal commitment to customer service excellence; both internal and external customers and works to create positive working relationships.
- A true team player with a collaborative approach to projects and an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Thrives in a busy work environment, takes initiative, and is at ease with multi-tasking and meeting tight deadlines.
- Expert use of MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Outlook platforms.
- Bilingual in both French and English would be considered an asset; not a requirement.
- Project Management, Business Administration certification or College/University education preferred.
- A background in Hospitality and/or Sales required.
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please