Lead Cook - South Edmonton Rec Room
This job posting is no longer active
Location: The Rec Room Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Cook - South Edmonton Rec Room
, reporting to the Chef - South Edmonton Rec Room. This position will be based at our South Edmonton Rec Room located at 1525 99 St NW in Edmonton, AB.
The Lead Cook is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner. The Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
- A Cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
- Must possess good knife skills
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Rec Room.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Clean as you go (CAYG) followed
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, or Sous Chef.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Work at efficient and consistent pace.
- Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
- Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature.
- Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures.
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Open and close the station as per the specs
- Must lead by example
- Able to learn and coach staff.
- Responsible to executive daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Professional diploma or food services management preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation required.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Canadian, or have legal permission to work in Canada (e.g. open work permit).
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Will be constantly exposed to high temperatures in the kitchen environment.
- Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances.
- Extended hours as required.
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please