Amusement Ambassador - Newplay @ West Edmonton Mall
Location: Newplay @ West Edmonton Mall
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com).Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America's leading providers of interactive video, redemption,amusement gamingand vendingequipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
Player One has an immediate opening for the position of Newplay Amusement Ambassador
, reporting to the Manager, Newplay @ West Edmonton Mall. This position is based at Newplay @ West Edmonton Mall, 1588 - 8882 170 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5T 4J2.This is an hourly role and you will be expected to work a variable schedule which will include holidays,days, evenings and weekends Monday to Sunday.
In this role, you will provide exceptional guest service and maintain the operation of Newplay, as a cashier and arcade ambassador. Job Duties
- Provide exceptional and friendly guest service
- Obtain payment for playcard purchases in the form of cash, debit and credit
- Balancing cash drawer by counting cash at the beginning and end of work shift
- Maintain cash out operations by following policies and procedures
- Upsell playcards to maximize guest service
- Redeem prizes for guests at the Redemption counter and obtain e-tickets as payment
- Maintaining redemption operations by following policies and procedures
- Address and rectify guest complaints and concerns
- Assist in maintaining presentation and working condition of the facility including its games, redemption counter, office, etc.
- Assist in maintaining stock levels of supplies for the facility including the redemption counter, game area, office, staff washrooms, etc.
- Exceed Newplay's cleanliness standards
- Work safely and honestly
- Arrive for work on time
- Adhere to Newplay's health and safety standards
- Keep Newplay impeccably clean; even picking up and disposing of debris that is not yours
- Be polite and courteous with Guests and fellow Associates
- Take pride in your job
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality
- Display strong verbal communication skills
- Works well in busy environment
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.No Agency Calls Please