Senior Manager, Brand & Marketing Communications - The Rec Room (0001)
This job posting is no longer active
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
The Rec Room
is an exciting new interactive entertainment destination created by Cineplex Entertainment and scheduled for launch in Edmonton, Alberta this fall. Featuring a wide range of entertainment options including upscale casual dining, live entertainment, state of the art simulation games, virtual reality and a variety of recreational games such as bowling, billiards, and ping pong, The Rec Room will redefine out-of-home entertainment. With the success of our three open locations, The Rec Room plans to open 10-15 new locations over the coming years, each ranging in size from 40,000-60,000 square feet and customized to the individual community. Locations are now open in South Edmonton, Toronto, and West Edmonton with plans announced for complexes in London (ON), Mississauga (ON), Calgary (AB) and Vancouver (BC).
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
A new opportunity for Senior Manager, Brand and Marketing Communications
for The Rec Room
and Location Based Entertainment division has been created and is located at our home office in Toronto.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Brand & Marketing the ideal candidate will bring experience and passion to the role as champion of our brand and marketing communication and will play a key role in expansion across Canada. This role is accountable for managing the brand communication development and implementation of the marketing and media strategy and initiatives for The Rec Room
, with the objective of maximizing customer engagement and driving traffic. The successful candidate will also be responsible for building the marketing plan and tools to support the Group Sales business and building relationships with new and existing partners, sponsors, and internal stakeholders. A history of successful brand and promotional marketing (particularly in a launch environment), excellent writing skills, an eye for design, a natural talent for connecting with people and a passion for entertainment are important assets for success in this position. Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive, manage and execute cohesive brand storytelling and presence across all marketing channels, working with the Senior Digital Marketing Manager to enhance the guest experience through the entire customer journey in and out of The Rec Room locations.
- Lead the commercialization and execution of key brand marketing strategies and tactics, such as local media, signage, menus, and content.
- Provide support for creative development and branding, ensuring consistency of execution with vendors, partners and key internal stakeholders.
- Provide development and implementation support as needed as well as measurement and analysis of:
o Brand & Promotional media and communications strategy
o Groups & Events support
o Recruitment Support
o Entertainment Support
o Sponsorship and Partnership development
Knowledge and Skills Requirements Education:
- Provide onsite marketing support as required for new openings, special events and to the Social Media & Local Marketing Manager(s).
- Develop and deliver the plans and programs required for the opening of new locations such as employee recruitment campaigns, hiring fairs, media campaigns, and grand opening parties.
- Collaborate and work with Cineplex Customer Strategies team to identify opportunities to streamline initiatives, leverage synergies and build out implementation plans.
- Plan and execute The Rec Room sponsorship strategies and activation plans that deliver on strategic marketing objectives.
- Manage relationships with key partners and internal stakeholders to ensure that programs are executed to achieve maximum potential.
- Oversee the measurement and analyze the performance of marketing efforts and programs in line with strategic KPIs.
- Provide leadership and coaching to unit-level marketing teams so they can execute with excellence and deliver business results.
- Work closely with The Rec Room Senior Manager, Digital Marketing to ensure a holistic communication plan is achieved.
- Provide additional support across the Marketing group as required.
- Bachelor's degree, Post Graduate Program or College Diploma in Marketing or Business is preferred.
- 7+ years' experience in Brand and Communication Management (preferable in a launch situation).
- Experience in the hospitality, entertainment or food service industry is an asset.
- Possess a deep understanding of brand management, and proven capability in managing the development and execution of consumer communication programs including sponsorships and partnership strategy and activation.
- Expertise managing cross functional teams both creative, external partners, and internal stakeholders.
- An eye for art direction and content creation related to brand, and marketing.
- Experience generating and evaluating marketing KPIs.
- Experience overseeing multiple contributors while managing a budget.
- Event management experience an asset.
- Well-versed in the concepts surrounding brand and marketing, best practices, and future trends.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload while multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for digging into consumer insights, data and mining for opportunities.
- Skills and experience in creative content writing and development.
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Results oriented with strong strategic and conceptual abilities with a track record of success.
- Highly energetic team player with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within the Marketing team and cross-functionally with other groups.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and a flexible work style that can adapt to changing situations.
**Candidates are encouraged to review the Cineplex LP 2013 Annual Report to learn more about the company **
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please