Dishwasher - West Edmonton The Rec Room
Location: The Rec Room West Edmonton
City: Edmonton, Alberta
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Dishwasher - West Edmonton The Rec Room
, reporting to the Sous Chef - West Edmonton The Rec Room. This position will be based at our Edmonton Rec Room located at M-325, 8882 170 Street, Edmonton, AB T5T 4J2 .
The Dishwasher is responsible for the cleaning, storage, and dispatch of all dishes, equipment, and smallwares, specifically, but not limited to the Dining Room and Lounge, banquets, private space, and outside caterings, including various functions, according to the standards of The Rec Room, as determined by the Executive Director F&B, and in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to all sanitary and safe food and dish handling guidelines at all times. This role must provide fast and effective cleaning of all kitchen utensils, dishware, glassware and pots, and to maintain the kitchen area ensuring cleanliness and tidiness. The Dishwasher will be responsible for providing guests and employees with clean and sanitized utensils, dishes, glassware, pots, pans and equipment.
- Practice the values and guidelines of The Rec Room.
- Ensure consistently clean and sanitized dishes, equipment, and smallwares.
- Polite and effective communication with all departments specifically when interacting with The Rec Room Staff and Guests.
- Ensure cleanliness is maintained in the various kitchen areas including all operating equipment, refrigerators and storerooms.
- Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and cleaned in the various kitchen areas on a daily basis.
- Aid in the transportation of all dishes, equipment, and smallwares, to be sure it is arranged and organized up to the standards set by the Sous Chef and the Kitchen Manager.
- Ensure dishes, equipment, and smallwares are stored in appropriate locations and organized to ensure high standards of cleanliness, minimizing waste and maximizing space.
- Practice department objectives.
- Practice positive strategies to motivate fellow staff, encourage self-esteem and efficiency.
- Help to raise the standards within the department and bring new concepts forth.
- Strive to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others.
- Respond in a positive and timely manner to all internal and external guest requests and complaints, while meeting Rec Room's standards to exceed the guest's expectations also ensuring that food service staff are notified and communicated with.
- Actively participate in Rec Room's environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- Strive to uphold a safe working environment and be Health and Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining and improving a safe work environment.
- Assist in maintaining and achieving the highest departmental standards as determined by the Executive Chef & Sous Chef, and the guests of Rec Room.
- Advise culinary management and supervisors of opportunities to decrease kitchen expenses including breakage control and loss prevention and maximize departmental productivity without compromising our guests' satisfaction.
- Practice professional work habits and act with integrity.
- Carry out other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Adhere to all Rec Room Guidelines, Policies, Rules and Regulations.
- Completion and compliance of Rec Room Orientation.
- Follow designated breaks under the guidance of culinary management and supervisors, as business dictates.
- Complete work and side duties in accordance with departmental procedures. Identify situations which compromise the Rec Room's standards and communicate to culinary management and supervisors.
- Practice and adhere to grooming, personal hygiene, and uniform standards as dictated by the Rec Room Policies and guidelines.
- Attend designated meetings, events, and menu tasting.
- Ensure that food deliveries have been delivered and stored according to the standards set by the Executive Chef and provincial health regulations, when required.
- Ensure the proper use of scales and measurements in all recipes, portioning, and food production that you may be required to prepare.
- Follow daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule
- Previous experience in a customer service environment preferred.
- Food Safe certification preferred.
- WHIMIS certificate an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Outgoing and professional with strong people skills.
- Must be a team player who works well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, staff.
- Ability to learn Dishwasher operations as they affect kitchen and related areas.
- Positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Remove garbage within the Rec Room as assigned.
- Sweep & Mop as needed to maintain a safe work environment.
- Must be neatly dressed and well groomed in clean and approved apparel as per the company dress code
- Must wear slip resistance shoes, safety gloves and water resistant apron
- Stands and walks during 6-8 hour shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops and wipes.
- Lifts and carries supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs., throughout entire shift.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to: cuts from broken glass, hot water, metal cans, and burns, slipping, and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in both hot and cold water.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Works frequently in cold environments such as walk in refrigerators and freezers.
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please