Amusement Manager - The Rec Room Masonville Place
Location: The Rec Room Masonville Place
City: London, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Manager - The Rec Room Masonville Place
, reporting to the General Manager - The Rec Room Masonville Place. This position will be based at our London Rec Room located at 1680 Richmond St. North in London, ON .
The Amusement Manager, is responsible for all the operations of video games, redemption games and physical activities in the location as a whole, as well as the retail store, coat check and the redemption store. The Amusement Manager will oversee all the above mentioned categories with regards to maximizing profit and minimizing expenses. The Amusement manager is also responsible for resolving customer complaints, issues, and the professional development of the staff and supervisors within these departments. Job Duties
- Responsible for maintaining the seamless operation of all games, coat check and retail operation within the Rec Room.
- Greet and handle all guest interactions with a high level of professionalism and hospitality.
- Resolve all customer complaints as per the Rec Room procedures.
- Strive to achieve sales targets while adhering to an established budget during day-to-day operations.
- Ensure gaming staff meet compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and the Rec Room policies inclusive of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the Rec Room and legislative cleanliness and safety standards; this includes regularly monitoring of the gaming floor, redemption and mezzanine gaming areas.
- Ensure that all relevant operational paperwork is posted as per legislated requirements.
- Ensure daily, weekly, monthly checklists and inspections are up to date according to internal and external (regulatory bodies) requirements.
- Responsible to lead, develop and coach all team members to ensure a high level of customer service as well as maximum profitability.
- Must be able to delegate tasks appropriately to team members.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing and hiring staff.
- Oversee training of new game department staff
- Ensure gaming initiatives are executed accordingly to drive financial performance while keeping costs in line.
- Maintain payroll and attendance records in accordance with legislative and the Rec Room requirements.
- Monitor staff performance and conduct performance reviews as per the Rec Room performance appraisal procedures.
- Support the negotiation and arrangements with suppliers, including pricing and delivery.
- Maintain effective communications within and outside of the Rec Room to ensure flawless execution
- Ensure that the facility consistently meets the Rec Room standards throughout daily operations. This includes ensuring that all stations are fully equipped at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Ensure that any and all variances are handled immediately
- Anticipate and react to any changes in business levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in the food service industry, retail industry or hospitality industry. Experience specifically within the gaming area is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to work under pressure while complying with all relevant legislation.
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting knowledge required, must be mechanically inclined.
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with monitoring and controlling inventory.
- Experience with negotiating with suppliers and placing orders.
- Experience in training will be considered an asset.
- Familiarity with point of sale systems will be considered an asset.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Interacts with customers, employees and management.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Will work flexible shifts.
- Overtime may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and point-of-sale system, as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
Interested applicants, please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please