Art Director, Web & Interactive - Creative Services
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Creative Services department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Art Director
, Web & Interactive
, reporting to the Creative Technologist.
We all remember the moment we connected graphic design & web design to a bigger purpose. At a young age, things like movie title art, movie posters and websites for movies were things that just existed magically. But when you realized that it was a special craft to bring typography, images and layout and even beautiful code together to create seamless usable digital brand touchpoints, you fell in love. In our day-to-day work, we believe that design is more than just pretty user interfaces and great icons - it's a way of driving our purpose to help Canadian's be inspired to seek out pleasure at some of Canada's premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more. As an Art Director-Web & Interactive, you will lead a team of web designers and production artists who design and build for cineplex.com, therecroom.com and other interactive spaces that are seen by millions of people across the country. You and your team's work will help Cineplex stand out as a bold Canadian brand and seen as a design champion & innovator. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies!
- Lead a web design and interactive team that consistently hits the objectives and communication needs of creative briefs.
- Provide creative concepts for interaction, engagement and usability of our online assets
- Lead the design of websites, landing pages, product pages and mobile elements
- Drive the creative execution of engaging online ad units and email designs
- Build relationships with different stakeholders to create a unified design experience in the Cineplex ecosystem
- Working alongside designers to assist with code and technologies needed to create bold digital experiences
- Work in close collaboration with copywriters, project managers and senior creative team members
- Ensure all creative meets brand standards and the creative strategy platform of creative agency
- Be a people leader and help build and inspire your team to strive for strong creative
- Passionately and confidently present your ideas to internal stakeholders.
Please provide a link to your portfolio on your resume.
- 6+ years' experience at building brand experiences at a creative or in-house agency.
- Inspiring leader who's able to share specific and constructive feedback
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven examples of creating multi-platform campaigns with a focus on Websites, mobile & social media campaigns
- Ability to communicate ideas confidently to peers, managers and executives
- Working with top tier brand campaigns is an asset.
- Ability to speak, read and understand French is an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please