Directeur/Trice de Cinéma - Cinéma Cineplex Odeon Ste. Foy
Location: Cineplex Odeon Ste. Foy Cinemas
City: Ste. Foy, Quebec
About Cineplex Entertainment:
Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with approximately 13,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The Quebec district has an opening for the position of Theatre Manager
for the Cineplex Odeon Ste. Foy Cinemas
, reporting to the General Manager.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional, skilled, team player for this location. If you think you have what it takes to be part of this team, this is your chance. Step forward and become part of our bright new future. Manager Role
It is the Manager's role to develop and apply management skills through hands on participation in management initiatives and tasks in order to make greater contributions to the success of the theatre both operationally and financially. The hands on management of guest service is the Manager's primary responsibility. The Manager is responsible to assist the General Manager in workplace safety and health and to ensure incidents involving our staff or the general public is prevented thereby insuring the safe operation of the theatre.Key Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Leading and Managing the team
- Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships through building trust, treating others with respect and demonstrating integrity.
- Encourage staff to work safely and prevent incidents.
2. Managing the Guest Experience
- Making guests and their needs a primary focus of one's actions, developing and sustaining productive guest relationships by taking personal responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty.
3. Managing Cost Control
- On a daily basis analyze theatre performance compared to budget and forecast, initiate action/projects to drive the business forward and strengthen Cineplex Entertainment as the premier film exhibition company.
4. Managing Revenue Generation
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Directly responsible to exploit profit potential of the theatre throughout all controllable areas i.e. Merchandising and Marketing.
- Demonstrate strong communication (oral & written), organization, management and leadership skills to lead a theatre team in a positive environment;
- Strong financial analysis skills;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to initiate innovative and creative sales and merchandising activities;
- Safe food handling certification;
- Sound understanding of Windows and MS Office;
- Knowledge of Vista POS would be an asset;
- Demonstrate a full understanding of provincial Health & Safety regulations and the company's Health & Safety Policy;
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, attend to employees development while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities;
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A post secondary diploma in business administration, retail or hospitality management and/or a minimum of 2 years previous management experience in a theatre, fast food, restaurant, or similar environment.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please