Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
The Finance department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently seeking an Accountant
, reporting directly to the Manager, Accounting. The key responsibilities of this position include:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Prepare accrual and month-end journal entries;
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of various expenses;
- Analyze selected key balance sheets accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Respond to theatre staff's queries regarding operational performance'
- Assist with internal and external audits;
- Other additional tasks as may be assigned.
- Post-secondary education and CPA designation with 3-5 years accounting work experience;
- Experience using PeopleSoft accounting system would be considered an asset;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- A thorough knowledge of MS Excel.
Interested applicants please apply today. While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please