Senior Project Manager - Creative Services (0049)
Location: Cineplex Entertainment Home Office
City: Toronto, Ontario
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
The Creative Services department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of a Senior Project Manager
, reporting to the Director of Creative Operations.
We all have a special movie memory. A connection to something bigger than ourselves that we completely fell in love with. Cineplex's In House Creative team is looking to create that same feeling through the work we do everyday, for our beloved movie goers. Our team develops all types of work, from brand and promotional campaigns, to operational and internal communications; and we work across all channels, including print, digital, social, video, motion, and more. We move fast, and there are a lot of moving parts, stakeholders and deliverables. But it's fun. How can it not be? It's the movie and entertainment business.
The Senior Project Manager is an integral part of our Creative Services team. We are seeking an experienced individual who can lead our team of Project Managers and Account Executives, in helping to support the development and execution of creative work.
As an interested candidate, you recognize and appreciate how critical this role is to the success of our team, and what your impact is on the organization. And so do we. We need someone who can thrive in a very fast-paced and ever-changing environment, as the company expands its various initiatives and businesses.Key Responsibilities
Soft and Hard Skills
- Lead the Project Managers, Account Executives and Studio Manager daily as we continuously prioritize work, resources, expectations and communication to our colleagues within the company.
- Support the Project Management team in prioritizing deliverables and appropriately assigning tasks to our in-house creative team.
- Support the Account Executive team in their communication to both the creative team and our colleagues within the company.
- Understand the various capabilities and skill sets of our teams, as we assign projects and brands to various creative team members.
- Manage our relationships with our suppliers, understanding who to call for what type of project.
- Formalize our process, as we are continually looking to improve upon it.
- Voice questions or concerns as projects get initiated, created and executed.
- Oversee that there are correct workback schedules, timelines, budgets and communication being made as they related to specific projects and tasks. Particularly as projects evolve.
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects as they relate to resource staffing.
- Use the Workfront data to inform decisions as we move forward.
- Oversee day-to-day projects ensuring projects are being delivered correctly, on time and on budget.
- Over 5 years experience in a role with similar responsibilities leading a team of project managers or account executives within a fast-paced, high-performing creative environment.
- Either having agency-side or client-side experience is necessary.
- Experience using Workfront or other comparable production management software.
- Ability to multi-task, manage deadlines and expectations with both the creative team and our business colleagues.
- Strong leader, communicator and relationship builder, with an optimistic and outgoing attitude.
- An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainments standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion. No Agency Calls Please